- 1 whole uncooked chicken (2.25kg - 2.5kg)
- Juice of 2 lemons (60ml lemon juice)
- 60ml hot water
- 60ml honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Approx. pressure build: 6 minutes
- Pressure cook: 22 minutes
- Pressure release: 5 minutes
- Air crisp: 8-18 minutes
1 Place rice, chicken stock, frozen vegetables, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and Adobo seasoning into the pot stir to combine.
2 In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, hot water, honey, and 2 tablespoons salt. Pour mixture into the pot. Place whole peppercorns, thyme, and garlic in the pot.
3 Place chicken into the Cook & Crisp™ Basket and place basket in pot.
4 Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to high (HI). Set time to 22 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
5 When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
6 Brush chicken with canola oil or spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper.
7 Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 400°F, and set time to 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Cook until desired level of crispness is reached, adding up to 10 additional minutes.
8 Let chicken rest for 5–10 minutes. Cooking is complete when internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from basket using the Ninja® roast lifters* (or 2 large serving forks).